Your business idea can change the world. Or so you think. Bring it forward and put it to the test at the first ever European Young Innovator of the Year awards!
Six finalists of the InnoPitch competition will have the chance to pitch to the jury panel of well-known venture capital investors and experts at the EYIF UNconvention on the 26th and 27th of June in Brussels.
Do you have it in you to be one of them?
The European Young Innovator of the Year 2012 awards ceremony will take place at the European Parliament under the High-Patronage of the President of the European Parliament, before leading personalities on Innovation and Entrepreneurship from both Europe and the US including, Rohan SILVA, Senior Policy Advisor to Prime Minister David CAMERON and the driving force behind the UK Tech city and Alec ROSS, Senior Advisor for Innovation to Secretary of State, Hillary CLINTON.
The eminent Judges Panel at the UNconvention for this prestigious award consists of Europe’s top Venture Capitalists:
- Matthias UMMENHOFER, Head of Venture Capital, European Investment Fund (EIF)
EIF is Europe’s Leading Developer of Risk Financing for Entrepreneurship and Innovation. Matthias head this massive fund (EUR 3.4bn committed)
- Anne GLOVER, Co-Founder and Chief Executive, Amadeus Capital Partners
Both Amadeus and Anne are legends in European VC circles, with their impressive track record of several, billion euro exits for startups in their portfolio
- Carlos Eudardo ESPINAL, Partner, Seedcamp
Seedcamp is Europe’s premier early stage mentoring and investment program. Carlos focusses on mobile, gaming and networking technologies
So go on, impress them!
Who can participate?
This InnoPitch Competition to select to six finalists for the first ever European Young Innovators Awards is open to
- Early-stage Entrepreneurs, i.e. those who have set-up their own company / organisation within the period of the last 18 months (maximum)
- Intrapreneurs and students with a minimum of one year of professional experience, preferably in a field related to innovation and/or entrepreneurship
who are Nationals or Permanent Residents of the European Union, and under 36 years of age prior to the deadline date of 26th of May 2012.
- InnoPitch – European Young Innovators of the Year 2012 – Announcement of the finalists!
- Meet Matthias Ummenhofer, InnoPitch – European Young Innovator Award Judge
- Meet Anne Glover, InnoPitch – European Young Innovator Award Judge
- InnoPitch Award 2012 – Interview with Matteo Tangi, UpLab
- InnoPitch Award 2012 – Interview with Martin Van Aken, 8th Color-Sybil
- InnoPitch Award 2012 – Interview with Lars Sudmann from Sudmann & Company bvba
- InnoPitch Award 2012 – Interview with João Romão, from Wishareit
- InnoPitch Award 2012 – Interview with Josep Virgili, RedEddy
- InnoPitch Award 2012 – Interview with Tamas Haidegger, Hand-in-Scan
The InnoPitch Challenge is a pan-European competition to select the best early-stage ideas from young Innovators and Entrepreneurs and support their development with intense mentoring from top professionals.
InnoPitch takes the top 12 finalists and puts them through intense mentoring workshops with the leaders of Seedcamp, Amadeus Capital and the European Investment Fund. The 6 best pitches contesting for the European Young Innovator of the Year award present their ideas directly to Europe’s political and business leaders, live in the European Parliament. The InnoPitch is the only award competition that allows for this level of access for young innovators and entrepreneurs across Europe.