Unconvention 2012: Mobilising business, government, and youth to foster innovation and employment in Europe
Inspiring Innovation across Europe at BOZAR (26th June) and the European Parliament (27th June) organised by European Young Innovators Forum with the High-Patronage of the President of the European Parliament!
The current crisis has shown the structural difficulties European economies are facing. Against this backdrop, the UNconvention brings together young Europeans with innovative ideas and those who will inspire, guide and support them: leading businesspeople, experts, entrepreneurs, investors, top politicians and officials to stimulate innovation and growth in Europe.
The two days feature many inspiring keynotes, exciting unconventional sessions, networking lunches and cocktails as well as opportunities to directly and closely interact with key speakers and leaders at two special sessions: Speakers and Leaders Dinner and InnoCoffee.
Keynote speakers include the Chairmen of Both IBM and Microsoft, Vice-President of Facebook and high-level representatives of Secretary of State Hillary CLINTON, Prime Minister David CAMERON, European Commissioner Neelie KROES, leaders from the European Parliament, European Investment Fund, World Economic Forum (WEF), Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Seedcamp and many others.
Under the Official High Patronage of the President of the European Parliament, Martin SCHULZ, the UNconvention will welcome prominent high-level keynote speakers from Europe and the USA including:
EXPERTS, INNOVATORS, ENTREPRENEURS, BUSINESSPEOPLE
- Jan MUEHLFEIT, Chairman Europe, Microsoft
- Harry VAN DORENMALEN, Chairman Europe, IBM
- Matthias UMMENHOFER, Head of Equity and Risk Finance, European Investment Fund
- Sheila MARCELO, Founder and CEO, Care.com and Young Global Leader, World Economic Forum (WEF)
- Anne GLOVER, Co-founder and CEO of Amadeus Capital Partners
- Carlos EDUARDO ESPINAL, Partner, Seedcamp
- Christophe LECLERQ, Founder and Publisher, Euractiv
POLICY AND DECISION MAKERS
- Alec ROSS, Senior Advisor on Innovation to US Secretary of State Hillary CLINTON
- Rohan SILVA, Senior Advisor to Prime Minister David CAMERON, responsible for the UK’s first Tech City
- Neelie KROES, Vice-President European Commission and Commissioner for Digital Agenda
- William E. KENNARD, US Ambassador to the European Union
- Amalia SARTORI, MEP, Chair of European Parliament Committee on Industry Research and Energy
- Karen WILSON, Structural Policy Division, Directorate for Science, Technology and Industry, OECD, European Leadership Council for Harvard Business School and Senior fellow for Europe, Kauffman Foundation
- Dr. Anneli PAULI, Deputy Director-General responsble for Innovation, European Commission
- Maria Da Graca CARVALHO, Former Minister of Science and Technology of Portugal, Special adviser to President Barroso and EP Rapporteur for the Horizon 2020
- Sidonia JEDRZEJEWSKA, MEP, European Parliament
- Carl HAGLUND, MEP, European Parliament
- Meet Neelie Kroes, Keynote speaker at the Y.I. UNconvention Plenary and Closing Session
- Meet Alec Ross, KeyNote speaker and Guest of Honour at the Y.I. UNconvention
- Meet Rohan Silva, KeyNote speaker at the Y.I. UNconvention
- Meet Carlos Eduardo Espinal, Judge and Speaker at Y.I. UNconvention InnoPitch – European Young Innovator Award
- Meet Anneli Pauli at the UNconvention European Young Innovator Awards
- Meet William E. Kennard, Keynote speaker at Y.I. UNconvention “Innovation Plenary” session
- Meet Sheila Marcelo, KeyNote Speaker at Y.I. UNconvention “Women Entrepreneurship”
- Meet Karen Wilson, OECD, Directorate for Science, Technology and Industry
- Meet Maria da Graça Carvalho, member of the European Parliament in the PPE group and speaker at the UNconvention
- Meet Harry van Dorenmalen, Chairman IBM Europe and speaker at the UNconvention
- Meet Marne Levine,Vice President, Global Public Policy-Facebook, and speaker at the UNconvention
- Innovation and entrepreneurship for a smarter planet-keynote by Harry van Dorenmalen, Chairman IBM, on the 26th of June at the UNconvention
- Female entrepreneurs and the obstacles they face
- Meet Dr. Burton Lee – Speaker at UNconvention
- Unconvention 2012: Overview
The Unconvention is a unique yearly event that brings together young Europeans with innovative ideas and role-models who inspire, guide and support them: world leading innovators and entrepreneurs, investors, business and corporate personalities, academic and industrial experts, opinion leaders, and, policy and decision makers, to immerse into Innovation Inspiration, Policy and Practice. The Unconvention features motivational keynotes by inspirational, successful, international speakers, panel discussions and interactive sessions, organised workshops, mini-events and networking sessions, and opportunities to interact up close with leaders of innovation and entrepreneurship from both Europe and the USA.