What is Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs?
Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs is a cross-border exchange programme which gives new or aspiring entrepreneurs the chance to learn from experienced entrepreneurs running small businesses in other Participating Countries.
The exchange of experience takes place during a stay with the experienced entrepreneur, which helps the new entrepreneur acquire the skills needed to run a small firm. The host benefits from fresh perspectives on his/her business and gets the opportunities to cooperate with foreign partners or learn about new markets.
Who can participate?
- New entrepreneurs, firmly planning to set up their own business or have already started one within the last three years.
- Experienced entrepreneurs who own or manage a Small or Medium-Sized Enterprise in one of the Participating Countries.
What are some of the benefits?
Potential benefits for new entrepreneurs include the opportunity to:
- Stay up to six months with a successful and experienced entrepreneur in another European country to gain relevant business start-up knowledge in a wide range of areas such as marketing, financial accounting, customer relations, business finance;
- Improve the entrepreneurial experience and chances of success during the business start-up phase;
- Refine business ideas/plan;
- Find out about European commercial law and the single European market, European standardisation and European support for SMEs;
- Receive practical and financial assistance such as induction courses before the exchange, logistical and local support during the stay, and a grant covering the travel and subsistence costs during the stay abroad.
Read some great blog post written by our friends from Startups.be on:
- Top 10 benefits of the programme;
- Success stories of entrepreneurs who already participated in the programme;
- Teaser about the programme in general;
- Or the programme’s guide.