We are looking for a skilled IT/Tech support trainee to join our team from mid-November and get involved in the preparation of the Unconvention event taking place in Brussels on 23-24-25 January 2017.
He/She must be available to work 5 hours per week and provide full-time service for 4 days in January for the Unconvention event (1 day of technical tests and 3 days during the event).
The contract will be for a period from mid-November till end of January with the possibility to extend it. Compensation will be defined between both parties.
You will be responsible for the smooth running of computer systems: installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications; monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks before and during the event.
Before the event: in collaboration with the Technical person from the venue
– Elaborate a dashboard that includes the exact timing for the speakers’ presentations to broadcast on the main screen according to the programme, check that all format of videos or PPT presentations received from the speakers respect the criteria to be displayed on the main screen on the stage (High resolutions, etc).
– Share the contents to display on plasmas screen at the main entrance and other areas at the venue (programme of the day, announcement of speakers, videos).
– Meet the technical person from the venue to test all the contents a few days before the event.
During the event:
– The technician person will act through the complete dashboard with your support.
– Installing and configuring computer hardware operating systems and applications of the staff & volunteers, and monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
– Set up all technical systems and make all the checks for the microphones, sounds, images.
– Proven experience as a Tech coordinator or similar role;
– BSc/BA in information technology or computer science is preferred.
– Experience in network management and help desk support is appreciated;
– Solid knowledge of IT systems and applications;
– Understanding of TCP/IP protocols and LAN/WAN configuration;
You will need to show evidence of the following:
– the ability to think logically;
– a good memory of how software and operating systems work;
– the ability to work well in a team;
problem solving skills;
– the ability to prioritize your workload;
attention to detail.
How to apply?
Want to join our team?
Candidates should submit their CV by email indicating “Unconvention17: IT/Tech support – First Name Last name” in the subject line.
Please send your applications no later than Monday 21 November 2016 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.