Innovation Roundtable 2013: Europe and Young Innovators: Financing Opportunities from the EU for 2014-2020
For the second consecutive year, EYIF is partnering with the Global Entrepreneurship Week to organise an official event at the European Parliament on 13 November 2013! This year, leading Members of the European Parliament and high-profile policymakers will meet the community of European young innovators and entrepreneurs to exchange about “Europe and Young Innovators: Financing Opportunities from the EU for 2014-2020”. As the European multi-annual budget has been agreed, EYIF will inform its community about funding opportunities that will arise as from 1 Jan. 2014.
The roundtable, “Europe and Young Innovators: Financing Opportunities from the EU for 2014-2020,” aims to increase accessibility and awareness of the funds available to the EYIF community. The multi-annual fiscal plan has allocated a significant amount of funds for young entrepreneurs and innovators across Europe to fund initiatives and projects.
The discussion will also include the digital entrepreneurship plan, start-up Europe initiative, the innovation voucher in the Horizon 2020 programme. Additionally, the roundtable will cover the European Parliament efforts to facilitate lower interest loans for young entrepreneurs. The event will conclude with a networking cocktail.
Funding opportunities under the new MFF:
- Facilitating low-interest loans for young entrepreneurs: Pablo ZALBA, MEP, Vice-President Economic Affairs Committee
- Innovation voucher within the Horizon 2020 programme: María da GRACA CARVALHO, MEP, rapporteur on Horizon 2020
- Digital entrepreneurship plan: Antti PELTOMÄKI, DG Enterprise & Industry, Deputy Director-General
- Startup Europe initiative: Mario CAMPOLARGO, Director, Net Futures, DG Connect, Web-Entrepreneurship and Startup Europe initiative
- The Role of Enterprise Europe Network in informing and helping Young Innovators and Entrepreneurs: Bruno WATTENBERGH, Director of Brussels Enterprise Agency
- Europe and Young Innovators: Financing Opportunities from the EU for 2014-2020
- Innovation Roundtable 2013
In partnership with various institutional and strategic partners and hosted at the European Parliament, the EYIF Innovation Roundtables and Conferences are half-day events which take place up to three times a year before an audience of 150+ participants. At least one takes place at the European Parliament during Global Entrepreneurship Week.