Europioneers Awards Final | 5 November | Web Summit | Dublin
EYIF co-organised the three editions of Europioneers, along with and the European Commission, Deloitte and Hub Institute. Europioneers is part of Startup Europe initiative and celebrated the success of web initiatives in the European Union. The Award Ceremony of the 2nd edition Europioneers 2014 has been held at Web Summit 2014.
Since 2013, the Europioneers competition has rewarded European Web Entrepreneurs and put them in the spotlight. The objectives of the award are to identify and recognize successful European web initiatives, and also to promote the role web entrepreneurs play in European society and to encourage and inspire potential entrepreneurs.
The purpose of the Europioneers award scheme is to
1.Create visibility and media attention for successful European Web entrepreneurs of the year and to honour the nominees and winners of the EuroPioneers awards, celebrating their achievements at the EU level.
2.Leverage the existing ecosystem to support “the EuroPioneers of the Year” through the networking experience, provide the award winners with a possibility to form meaningful and strategic relationships, and help them to close business deals.
The four different awards categories are:
- Web entrepreneur of the Year “Award”
- Young web entrepreneur of the Year “Youth Award”
- High Growth web entrepreneur of the Year “Gazelle Award”
- Female web entrepreneur of the Year “Women Award”
During Gala Dinner, the Europioneers winners will be announced in the presence of the European Commission and the Judges:
- Sonia Flynn, Director of Operations, Facebook Ireland
- Simone Brummelhuis, Director, founding investor at The Next women Crowd Fund, Advisory
- Committee Member at ERBS Revolving Fund and Member Corporate Business Committee at ON Impact Investments
- Robin Wauters, Founding Editor at Tech.eu, Startup Advisor and Investor at Moi
- Mike Butcher, Editor At Large at TechCrunch & Co-founder of TechHub
- Jan Reichelt, Co-Founder & President at Mendeley
- Carlos Espinal, Partner at Seedcamp
- Nick Davis, Director, Head of Europe World Economic Forum
- Peter Arvai from Prezi for the European Web Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- Sylvia Klein from paij GmbH for the Female Web Entrepreneur of the Year, @viclayn, @paijapp
- Guillermo Garcia from Alumn-e for the Young European Web Entrepreneur of the Year, @alumn-e
- Javier de la Torre from CartoDB for the High Growth Web Entrepreneur of the Year – Gazelle Award, @jatorre, @cartoDB
- Benefits of Becoming a Web Entrepreneur
- Female Entrepreneurs: Great Successes
- Europioneers 2014: Your Award?
- EYIF at the Web Summit to Announce the Best Web Entrepreneurs of Europe
- Europioneers Awards 2014 Revealed
Europioneers is organized by the European Commission in partnership with Deloitte, the European Young Innovators Forum and Hub Institute. The objective of the competition is to identify and recognise successful European web initiatives, to promote the role web entrepreneurs play in European society, and to encourage and inspire potential entrepreneurs. In 2014 over 300 nominations were received, voted on by over 2000 members of start-up communities. For more information see www.europionieers.eu.