24 – 26 September | Science14 Atrium
European Young Innovators will meet in Brussels for their annual conference, the topic this year being “Embrace Failure, Celebrate Success”. During the Unconvention, Vice-President of the European Commission, Neelie Kroes will address for the last time the community of startups in Europe showing once again the strong support to the European Young Innovators Forum and its mission.
Different activities ranging from inspirational keynotes, mentorship, pitching competition or a venture panel will bring together leading young innovators and entrepreneurs, investors, business leaders, experts and decision makers from Europe and the Silicon Valley. Check out the full agenda.
The Unconvention is the only place where the Chief Evangelist of Mozilla, a former President of the European Parliament, a high-level Facebook representative, the US Ambassador to the EU and aspiring young entrepreneurs and innovative leaders will come together to celebrate innovation.
More than 250 attendees are expected to join the growing community of young innovators and entrepreneurs from Europe which has witnessed in the previous editions more than 750 participants and 300 startups.
#UnConv14 is organised in partnership with the European Parliament, the European Commission, the US State Department, Facebook, Science 14 Atrium, Microsoft, IBM, SAP, SeedCamp, Amadeus Capital and other hand-picked sponsors.
- Bjoern Lasse Hermann, CEO, Compass,
- Carlos Espinal, Partner, Seedcamp
- Andreas Gebhard, Founder, re:publica
- Sheila Marcelo, CEO, care.com
- Nicholas Davis, Head of Europe, World Economic Forum
- Erika Mann, Managing Director of Public Policy, Facebook
- Konrad Lauten, Community Manager, Indiegogo
- Jan Reichelt, Co-Founder & President, Mendeley
- Andrew Zarick, CEO, Digital Dumbo
- Luc de Brabandere, Senior Advisor, The Boston Consulting Group
- Greatest Startup Failure of All Time
- #UnConv14 Day 1: Innovation Ecosystems, Access to Finance & Failure Acceptance
- #UnConv14 Live Blog
- “Let’s Disrupt Europe, we need it!”
The Unconvention is a unique yearly event that brings together young Europeans with innovative ideas and role-models who inspire, guide and support them: world leading innovators and entrepreneurs, investors, business and corporate personalities, academic and industrial experts, opinion leaders, and, policy and decision makers, to immerse into Innovation Inspiration, Policy and Practice. The Unconvention features motivational keynotes by inspirational, successful, international speakers, panel discussions and interactive sessions, organised workshops, mini-events and networking sessions, and opportunities to interact up close with leaders of innovation and entrepreneurship from both Europe and the USA.