Unconvention 2013: Think, Do, Change
6 – 7 June | European Parliament | Palace D’Egmont | Science 14 Atrium
Under the High Patronage of the President of the European Parliament Martin Schulz, the Unconvention will take place at the European Parliament on Thursday 6 June and with the support of Belgian Government, on Friday 7 June at the beautiful 16th century Egmont Palace, seat of the Belgian Foreign Ministry and official state venue for high-level diplomatic conferences.
The two days feature hands-on workshops and up-close InnoCoffees with Innovation Leaders and Innovation Experts from the USA and Europe, inspiring keynotes, lively panel discussions and interactive sessions on topics such as key Innovation trends and Outcomes, Big and Open Data, Smart Cities, Digital Social Innovation with Networking Lunches and Cocktails, as well as a VIP Dinner.
This year, once again we have a fantastic line-up, including Chairmen, Presidents, CEOs, Senior Directors of Skype, Facebook, Siemens, Microsoft, IBM, AT Kearney, Universal Pictures, Huawei, Rovio (makers of Angry Birds), Raspberry Pi, Seedcamp, Startup America, Amadeus Capital Partners; Leading members of the European Parliament; and senior officials of the US State Department, World Economic Forum, European Commission, European Investment Fund, UK Open Data Institute, European Space Agency.
Key Unconvention Sessions at-a-glance:
- #Startup Leaders InnoCoffee with globally-recognised leaders and workshops with experts: Thursday 6th Morning @ Science14 Atrium
- #High-level Policy Session with Politicians and Policy Makers on Innovation Policy and Ecosystems: 6th Afternoon @ European Parliament
- #Networking Cocktail and Dinner with Speakers and Leaders: 6th Evening @ Science14 Atrium
- #Innovation Leaders Keynotes on the 4 key areas: Big and Open Data, SMART Cities, Digital Social Innovation, Space Services for Citizens: Friday 7th Morning @ EGMONT PALACE
- #World Economic Forum Panel “Fostering innovation-driven entrepreneurship in Europe” to announce the new, pan-European Innovation and Entrepreneurship Platform: Friday 7th Morning @ EGMONT PALACE
- #Leaders Plenary on Future of Innovation for Europe with High-Level Political, Policy, Academic and Business Leaders and Decision Makers: Friday 7th Afternoon @ EGMONT PALACE
- #Networking Cocktail in the Palace Courtyard: Friday 7th Afternoon @ EGMONT PALACE
- Unconvention 2013
- Meet Harri Koponen – Rovio Entertainment COO and Unconvention speaker
- Derek Holt at the Unconvention in June!
- Meet Jack Lang at the Unconvention 2013!
- Unconvention 2013: Overview
The Unconvention is a unique yearly event that brings together young Europeans with innovative ideas and role-models who inspire, guide and support them: world leading innovators and entrepreneurs, investors, business and corporate personalities, academic and industrial experts, opinion leaders, and, policy and decision makers, to immerse into Innovation Inspiration, Policy and Practice. The Unconvention features motivational keynotes by inspirational, successful, international speakers, panel discussions and interactive sessions, organised workshops, mini-events and networking sessions, and opportunities to interact up close with leaders of innovation and entrepreneurship from both Europe and the USA.