Meet Anneli Pauli at the UNconvention European Young Innovator AwardsMay 22, 2012
Meet Dr. Anneli Pauli, Chair at the unconvention European Young Innovator Award ceremony and moderator for the Women Entrepreneurship Panel, on 27th June at the European Parliament. At this session will see the launch of concrete policy responses – two key European Parliament and EYIF joint actions, the ‘European Young Innovation Champions’ MEP’s initiative, with the declaration of two regional hubs as well as the start of the implementation of the Young Innovators Mobility, which was signed into budgetary execution in December 2011. This will be followed by the exciting declaration of winners of the ‘European Young Innovators Awards’.
Dr. Anneli Pauli -Deputy Director-General, Directorate-General for Research & Innovation at European Commission Academic qualifications:
- 1994: Doctor’s degree, University of Helsinki (microbial ecology)
- MSc, University of Helsinki (major in limnology)
- Professional experience in the European Institutions:
- 16 April 2008 to date: Deputy Director-General, Research & Innovation DG
- 1 April 2007-15 April 2008: Deputy Director-General, JRC
Professional experience before joining the European Institutions:
- 2001-March 2007: Academy of Finland : Vice President (Research)
- 1996-2000 : Academy of Finland: Secretary General, Research Council for Environment and Natural Resources (also responsibility for the implementation and development of the Finnish Centre of Excellence Programmes)
- 1995-March 2007 : Helsinki University of Technology: Senior lecturer (Docent), microbiology in water and wastewater engineering
- 1983-1988, 1990, 1995 : Ministry of the Interior, later Ministry of the Environment: Researcher, planner, senior planner, senior adviser (environmental research policy and financing)
- 1991-1994 : Water and Environment Research Institute: Senior researcher (environmental biotechnology)
- 1988-1990 : The Nessling Foundation: Research manager (policy and financing of environmental research)
- 1980-1983 : Pollab Ltd : Consultant (water and wastewater research)
- 1979-1983 : University of Helsinki, Dept. of Limnology: Amanuensis and part-time teaching assistant
- 1979-1980 : Institute of Marine Research: Researcher
Other activities: Several memberships and chairpersonships in international, EU and national Committees and Working Groups, e.g. member of the High Level group on Joint Programming, European Strategy Forum on Research Infrastructures (ESFRI), Chair of Scientific and Technical Research Committee (CREST/ERAC) of the EU, Chair of the Governing Board of the Science & Technology Centre in Ukraine (STCU) and EU representative of the Governing Board of International Science & Technology Centre in Moscow (ISTC). EC representative to the High Level Group of COST-ESF (the European COoperation in the field of Scientific and Technical Research COST-European Science Foundation ESF). Member in Management Committees of environmental research during FP4 and 5, Chair of Steering Committee of “BONUS for the Baltic Sea Science-Network of Funding Agencies”, Member of the Management Board of the European Chemicals Agency, Vice-Chair of the Nordic Research Board (NordForsk), member of OECD Global Science Forum.
About InnoPitch: Your business idea can change the world. Or so you think. Bring it forward and put it to the test at the first ever European Young Innovator of the Year awards, launched by the European Young Innovators Forum (EYIF). Only six finalists will have the chance to pitch to the jury panel of well-known venture capital investors and experts at the EYIF UNconvention on the 26th of June in Brussels.
Would you like to attend UNconvention? Pre-register now! Only pre-registered candidates are guaranteed an opportunity to participate, others will have to try their luck on a first-come-first served basis for the seats left. You can find the pre-registration form on our webpatehttp://unconvention.eu